The Benefits of Olive Oil
Olive oil is a staple in Mediterranean diets. For example, it is eaten for breakfast with thyme (zaatar) or some cheeses, it adds a rich flavour to food and can be used as salad dressing, it is a healthy alternative to other cooking oils or butters, and so much more! Here are some health benefits of adding a regular dose of olive oil to your diet, according to Healthline:
- Olive oil is rich in healthy monounsaturated fats, which are healthier than saturated fats found in other oils and butters.
- Olive oil contains large amounts of vitamins E and K, as well antioxidants which help fight disease.
- Olive oil has strong anti-inflammatory properties, which can prevent diseases like cancer, cardiovascular disease, Alzheimer’s, arthritis, and even obesity.
- Olive oil reduces risk of stroke and heart disease.
A high intake of olive oil is not linked with weight gain – in fact, studies have linked Mediterranean diets, rich in olive oil, with favourable effects on body weight.
- Olive oil may reduce the risk of developing type 2 diabetes.
Baytna offers the purest, healthiest kind of olive oil, known as extra virgin olive oil, in different sizes based on your need. Shop now!